The Company is a global leader in the design, marketing and distributions of premium lifestyle products in apparel, accessories, fragrances and home.
This role will manage the complete Pureplay business in Northern Europe (UK, Ireland and Scandinavia). This is a strategically critical channel for Ralph Lauren in terms of driving business growth, acquiring new, young consumers and driving strong media reach of brand marketing. The mission is to ensure the company is the no. 1 premium brand on all our partner websites in terms of sales, brand presentation on-site and marketing innovation.
The successful candidate will set the regional strategies, negotiate and manage growth plans and work across various internal functions to ensure key levers for growth are unlocked. The role will work very closely with the head of the regional Wholesale business (based in London), the head of the Wholesale e-Commerce business (based in Geneva) and regional Sales Directors (based in London and Stockholm). This person will be the digital leader within the Wholesale Sales organization and constantly look to innovate and drive rapid roll out of best practices across accounts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Full leadership and day to day management of the business in UK / Ireland and Scandinavia with priorities of ensuring i) season on season profitable business growth ii) strong full price sales growth iii) optimized operational processes and iv) there is relevant product and marketing support to fuel the growth. Specific tasks:
- Work together with Marketing to i) identify key initiative opportunities to drive brand and sales and ii) ensure product pages are high quality in driving the brand and sales
- Work with to secure sales and consumer data, that can be leveraged in all operations of the business
- Pilot innovation, and roll out successful innovations to new partners
- Be a complete expert on our partners: their business evolution, competitor performance, consumer KPIs
Additional Key Areas of the Role
- Team Management: day to day management of a multi-functional team (Sales and Marketing) based in London and Stockholm with priority on developing entrepreneurial spirit in the team
- Ownership of the strategy for the total distribution landscape for 3rd party e-commerce in Northern Europe, identifying new brand and consumer relevant accounts, new business models to learn on, and making priority calls / rationalization decisions among existing accounts.
- Bricks & Clicks: Act as consultant to the Sales teams to maximise e-commerce business, rolling out best practices.
Lead Digital Capability Building in Northern Europe, training / acting as a consultant for the local organization on e-commerce key business drivers and helping them to think / act in a digital first manner.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
- At least 7-8 years experience in similar role within an e-commerce business (either for a brand or at a retailer) with a proven track record of success of building category value / budgets and driving strong full price sellthrough
- Ability to think proactively, creatively problem solve, prioritize, and escalate issues when needed.
- Exceptionally strong focus on customers and sales – continually searching for ways to improve
Proven track record of successfully managing diverse teams to deliver outstanding results
Proven track record of navigating complex internal organisations with varied multi-functional stakeholders
- Experienced to work in a very international, multicultural and diverse environment
- Excellent negotiation, interpersonal and relationship building skills, with a strong client-service mindset
Passion for the fashion industry and for product
- Master’s Degree or equivalent preferred.
- Apparel & Fashion
- Luxury Goods & Jewelry
- Business Development
- General Business
Please login to your account to bookmark this entry.