VP, Controller – Fashion Nova – Vernon – California
Fashion Nova is on the hunt for an amazing VP, Controller. Reporting to the CFO, the VP, Controller will be responsible for managing the Company’s accounting and internal controls functions. The ideal candidate will possess thorough knowledge of GAAP accounting principles with excellent analytical skills to provide financial reporting in a timely manner. The successful candidate must have experience in process efficiency and automation, with proven ability to operate successfully in a highly-complex and changing environment with competing objectives and priorities. The candidate must be energetic, highly motivated self-starter, detail-oriented, act with a sense of urgency. The team that the Corporate Controller will oversee is lean so being able to pitch in at all levels is essential until the right resources and procedures are implemented.
- Lead and oversee the day-to-day management of all aspects of Accounting Operations, including accounts payable, general ledger management, internal controls, external audits, cash management and payroll
- Prepare timely and accurate GAAP financial statements and reports, driven by tightly managed monthly close process
- Provide detailed variance analysis on P/L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow statements; enforcing accountability and initiating corrective actions
- Identify cost savings, mitigate risks and opportunities throughout the close processes
- Oversee the processing of payroll and the associated tax and regulatory compliance
- Partner with Finance team on the annual budget and monthly forecasts
- Drive continuous improvement in the A/P process by establishing critical KPI measurements; determining production, productivity, and customer-service levels
- Manage and maintain the internal control environment, including the safeguard of assets, development of effective segregation of duties, ensure that transactions are recorded properly and minimize all opportunities for fraud or impropriety
- Manage key external relationships including vendors, factors, auditors, bankers, and tax preparers
- Act as liaison for quarterly reviews and annual audits with external auditors
- Manage, mentor and provide development path for team members, including hiring, training, motivating and addressing performance issues
Los AngelesRequired Skills
- B.S. degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA and/or Big 4 strongly preferred
- Minimum 15 years progressive experience, with at least 5 years at the Director or Controller level, preferably in a publicly-traded organization
- Must have e-commerce, retail or consumer products experience
- Strong communications skills, with the ability to influence cross-functional executive teams
- Intermediate skills with Oracle based financial ERP solutions, ideally NetSuite
- Strong technical skills, including advanced Excel skills and enterprise database applications
- Experience managing and leading a KPI driven and high performing team
- Ability to succeed in a high growth, fast-pace environment
- Ability to multitask and prioritize diverse tasks with a proven ability to meet hard deadlines.
- Employee Discount
- Full health care coverage
- Dental and vision coverage
- 401k Match
- Catered lunches and company parties
- Kitchen stocked with great snacks and drinks
- Fun and friendly environment.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit www.fashionnova.com.