Vice President Finance – Luxottica – New York
Luxottica is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of fashion, luxury and sports eyewear. Our wholesale network covers more than 150 countries and our retail presence consists of over 9,100 retail stores across the globe.
In North America, our wholesale business is the home to global brands like Ray-Ban, Oakley, and many of the top fashion house brands. Our leading retail brands include; LensCrafters, Sunglass Hut, Pearle Vision, Target Optical and Sears Optical. We are also home to EyeMed, the fastest growing vision care company in the United States.
At Sunglass Hut, our mission is to be the premier shopping and inspiration destination for the top brands, latest trends and exclusive styles of high quality fashion and performance sunglasses.
The Vice President of Finance provides financial leadership and insightful business analysis. The VP is a member of the Sunglass Hut ’s Executive and the Luxottica N.A. Finance Sr. Leadership Teams. Requires strong, broad, progressive functional capabilities in strategic planning, accounting, consumer insights and financial planning, forecasting and analysis. Possesses a deep understanding of the profitability drivers necessary to achieve financial objectives. Translates complex issues into simple-to-understand concepts and has outstanding inter-personal skills, with the ability to influence through relationship building, business insights and critical thinking. Is a strong leader with experience developing and leveraging talent. A strong work ethic, high sense of urgency, ability to roll-up their sleeves and the passionate desire to drive results.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Serves as a key member of Leadership Teams responsible for setting strategic and tactical direction of Sunglass Hut and N.A. Finance.
- Acts as the liaison between brand and Luxottica Finance Teams ensuring resources are properly leveraged to provide holistic business solutions.
- Recruits and develops a World-Class finance team ensuring resources are allocated properly to achieve objectives.
- Develops a 3-year strategic financial plan; creates P&L architecture that achieves financial objectives while funding key investments to drive future growth.
- Drives translation of strategic plan into an annual budget. Ensures the annual plan is supported by detailed action plans resulting in a realistic, achievable budget.
- Leads brand through the quarterly forecast process. Remains aware of changing trends in the business and proactively provides solutions to business issues maximizing the brand’s short and long-term strategic/financial objectives.
- Takes accountability for the direction, control and coordination of all financial activities for brand including cost controls / contingency planning.
- Owns monthly close for brand including providing key insights and financial reporting to brand team.
- Possesses overall business intelligence. Responsible for gaining / sharing a deep understanding of business trends and providing actionable key insights to improve results.
- Improves financial / business acumen of brand / field teams. Has a desire to help others develop into business leaders.
- Participates in or leads strategic / tactical business initiatives (may or may not be financial) that provide broad-based value for the brand.
- Capital control – Works with project owners to develop business cases, the annual budget and quarterly forecast.
- Partners with the product teams to manage inventory levels maximizing cash flow and profits.
- B.S. and C.P.A. and/or MBA in Accounting or Finance
- 15+ years’ experience
- Successful track record of increasing responsibilities throughout career
- Demonstrated record of tangible improvements in results / processes during career
- Demonstrated leadership skills with ability to drive results through team
- Strong Interpersonal skills with proven ability to influence others
- Demonstrated outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Experience in Strategic Planning, Accounting and Finance Planning and Analysis
- Retail experience
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Luxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 or e-mail HRCompliance@luxotticaretail.com (be sure to provide your name and contact information for either option so that we may follow up in a timely manner).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit jobs.luxottica.com.