Senior Designer Footwear – Levi Strauss & Co. – Switzerland
We believe that clothes and footwear — and how you make them — can make a difference. Since 1853, we’ve been passionate about innovation to meet people’s needs. We invented the first blue jean. And we reinvented khaki pants. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines for our manufacturing partners. And we build sustainability into everything we do. A company doesn’t last more than 160 years by standing still. It endures by reinventing itself, striving to delight its consumers, winning in the marketplace and by remaining true to its values.
We are looking for a Senior Designer – Levi’s® Men’s Footwear, reporting to Director, Levi’s Global Merchandising & Design, designing and helping develop a Footwear collection in line with the Brand aesthetic and principles. The Senior Designer should have deep experience in footwear constructions and materials, knowledge of the contemporary footwear market, a passion for shoes and for following the latest footwear trends.
- Be creative, and willing to be part of a company- and team-first environment. Inspire creativity of the category through best-in-class knowledge of shoe construction and latest material trends.
- Research and monitor the consumer and marketplace to identify opportunities to stay ahead of the competition
- Manage a team to develop on-brand, trend-right product that creates equity and profitability for the Levi’s® brand and upholds our aesthetic standards
- Collaborate with Director to develop seasonal concepts and color stories
- Stay updated on current selling and have a vision for developing future trends
- Develop diverse relationships, leading collaboration and partnerships within Design, and across Merchandising, and Product Development
- Design product with a sustainable mindset and +Net Positive without compromising aesthetics
- Create technical design packs communicating style, size, proportion, scale, materials and colors to guide product development
- Bachelor’s degree in Footwear Design, or a combination of college education and industry related work experience may be used as a substitute
- 8+ yrs experience as a Footwear designer, responsible for all facets of design.
- Expertise in footwear product development; knowledge of footwear constructions, materials, finishing techniques, and processes
- Proficient on all design platforms – Adobe CC and PLM program and proficiency in MS Office.
- Energetic, positive, helpful demeanor and a passion and interest in LS&Co.
- Appreciation for the Levi’s DNA
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit levistraussandco.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.