Senior Buyer – Denim – Fashion Nova – Vernon – California
In 2018, Fashion Nova was the #1 most-searched fashion brand on Google. We are among the top e-commerce brands in the world engaging with millions of consumers, and global fashion influencers. We have built a platform and brand through innovative marketing and merchandising strategies that we believe connects with the next generation and redefines fashion retail.
Our Los Angeles based team strives for success and creativity to be the top e-commerce brand in the world. Our goal is to hire candidates that are positive, go-getters, problem solvers and who love fashion. The right candidate should able to work independently in a fast-paced and always evolving environment.
About The Role
Join our remarkable Buying Team. Under the guidance of the Category Director, the Senior Buyer will work to create the appropriate merchandise mix based on emerging trends and execute the assortment strategies established by management. The buyer is also responsible for presenting in milestone meetings, managing their product assortment, and delivering on financial targets.
Senior Buyer – Denim – Responsibilities
- Create and execute a denim merchandise assortment based on selling/trends that will deliver against financial plans
- Participate in weekly OTB meetings with planning to ensure the department achieves financial targets for turn, sell-through goals, and inventory management
- Drive growth by developing assortment strategies with SKU count, breadth vs depth, newness, and pricing/margin
- Develop with replenishment buyers and planners a preseason plan and assortment
- Analyze sales in-season and post-season (hindsight) to identify hits and misses
- Utilize learnings to inform in-season and future season actions, strategies, and assortments
- Grow and maintain strong relationships with vendor partners
- Strategically scout new vendors to support business needs
- Negotiate product quality, costs, and delivery with vendors
- Conduct the initial garment selection of colors, trims, and fabrics that work best for the styles
- Review weekly sales performance to identify potential reorders and recommend styles for markdowns
- BA or BS preferred
- 6+ years of experience in buying fashion denim apparel
- Fashion Savvy/Trendsetter
- Outstanding writing, communication, and presentation skills
- A creative, self-starter who possesses excellent prioritization and project management skills with a strong sense of organization and meticulous attention to detail
- A positive go-getter and team player, who can work independently with the ability to troubleshoot within a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- High proficiency in MS Office Suite – Excel and Power Point.
- Employee Discount
- Full health care coverage
- Dental and vision coverage
- 401k Match
- Catered lunches and company parties
- Kitchen stocked with great snacks and drinks
- Fun and friendly culture.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit www.fashionnova.com.