Merchandising Manager – Eastpak – Antwerp
This intermediate level position is responsible for developing market driven products that exceed customer/consumer expectations and to create differentiation for VF in the competing market place at targeted costs and margins commensurate with agreed upon business plans/strategies for assigned brand. This position is responsible for product management and maintenance of assigned product line and/or to develop and execute merchandising strategies that maximize sales, margin, inventory turnover, visual presentation and customer satisfaction. Drives initial implementation and daily execution for planning, analyzing and forecasting and distribution of merchandise while adhering to Company and divisional strategies. .
Thanks to a great aesthetic and analytic sense combined with strong merchandising expertise in building assortments and collection plans, you will translate the Eastpak strategy into a physical product offer.
- Engage in the merchandising strategy definition
- Lead and implement relevant initiatives across all categories, territories and markets globally
- Bring the strategic vision to life by creating the right product mix
- Develop and lead the line plans according to assortment and segmentation principles
- Input the Design and Development department
- Support and enhance the GTM calendar
- Collect and analyze quantitative and qualitative data:
- Competition: understand the needs of the target consumers and competitive environment by regular field visits and desk research
- Market: maintain constant awareness of market requirements by networking and visits of our international sales team as well as visit to key accounts
- Sales: continuous follow up of the sales forecasts and performance of each channel and category
- Product: in depth analyze of the product life cycle and SKU efficiency
- Financial performance: control margin performance, FOB evolution, set price points and manage the pricing strategy accordingly
- Map clearly the market situation per category and areas
- Define potential growth areas and/or missed opportunity
- Translate the insights into a seasonal merchandising plan (Blue print)- framing the product offer linked to the ideal distribution
- Define and plan the special projects calendar – in terms of collaborations and SMU
- Work in close collaboration with Design and Development department to translate the market needs into physical projects
- Constantly assess and redirect the seasonal developments and designs following the line meetings and key players feedback
- Responsible to link with our different sales partners to create collaborative working methods
- Ensure that the brand Marketing team is briefed, has the requested content, and build the marcom tools according the original creative direction of each project
- Guarantee the execution on GTM strategy for each seasonal launches
- Assure a correct implementation of the collection through merchandising guidelines and products/collection sales sheets
- Deliver and support presentations to the sales force for local meetings, collection previews and trade shows
- Ensure a constant evaluation of launched items by seeking market feedback and product performance check
- Follow up closely with the partnering contacts – negotiate contract terms – follow legal requirements – ensure GTM implementation.
- Supervisor: Product Director
- Direct report: Merchandiser / Special projects Merchandiser
Is in contact with:
- Internal: International sales team, wholesalers, key accounts, distributors, E-commerce team, marketing team
- External: Market data leaders
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit vfc.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.