Head of Merchandising – Pimkie – Paris
The Manager of Merchandise Planning is responsible for directing and monitoring a planning team that manages all financial components (sales, quantities, costs, margins, stocks etc.) for product families across all distribution channels and through the use of corporate applications and analysis. The Merchandise Planner Manager provides leadership to the planning and buying teams and assumes responsibility for the functions and financial control of the area. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze and assess the sales performance of product categories: revise in-season plans to maximize sales and profitability
- Lead team in creating pre-season plans by department (family of products)
- Guide team in analyzing historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities by division and department
- Review and manage the OTB forecast with planners assuring that department strategies align with company objectives. Change and adapt to trends regularly.
- Synthesize large quantities of data and develop a recommendation to drive business decisions
- Partner with cross-functional team leads to identify risks and opportunities to business and recommend strategies to achieve merchandise goals
- Communicate and filter top-down divisional strategies and direction to direct reports and crossfunctional partners
- Manage and support the career development process of direct reports planners to ensure job satisfaction, retention, and future talent development by working closely with the HR
- Business Partner
- Provide regular feedback to direct reports
- Project manager for ad hoc projects, system implementations and updates, merchandise initiatives, etc. profil KEY SKILLS
- Leadership and Management
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Strong analytical skills (statistics, financial modelling, forecasting)
- Excellent mastery of management control tools (Excel, Business Objects etc.), Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook and Internet
- Ability to summarise information
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Results- and customer-oriented approach
- Able to work with multiple partners
- Rigorous and a self-starter
- Interest in fashion product and the industry.
- Good levels of English and French required Master’s degree in business, specialised in management control / finance / statistics / business / economy / textile / purchasing management / supply chain. At least 5 years’ experience with multi-brand companies in a similar position at a retailer or pure play company with an international scope.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit joblift.fr.