Global VP of Tax – Movado Group – New Jersey – United States
We have an opportunity for a Global Vice President of Tax to join our Finance team at our Corporate offices in Paramus, New Jersey.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Global VP of Tax will develop and execute comprehensive tax strategies and manage the resources and systems needed to support them. In this critical role, you will collaborate and partner with both internal stakeholders and external industry experts in order to ensure compliance with all national and international requirements and regulations. The ideal candidate will manage a function capable of meeting the needs of a complex global consumer goods company and an ever-changing tax/regulatory landscape.
At Movado Group, we are committed to building the strongest brands in the industry – and we are passionate about what we do. Our people are fueled by a creative spirit and a drive for excellence that are reflected in every aspect of our business. We offer the watch and accessory industry a compelling strategic vision and track record of sustained growth – and we offer our employees unparalleled opportunities for career advancement. We invite you to come share in our success.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Provide CEO, CFO and various other leaders candid and accurate assessments of the company’s current and future tax positions
- Identify tax planning opportunities including determination of related tax consequences, implementation of approved structure, to minimize both cash and book taxes, take the lead on overseeing the strategic timing of realizing deferred items (i.e. Board approval of corporate bonuses), communicate potential issues early so they can be acted upon (i.e. Loss companies)
- Manage and execute global tax strategies in compliance with national and international regulations
- Maintain a high performing team by building skills through coaching, mentoring and ongoing training and development
- Responsible for the preparation of appropriate tax provisions in accordance with IFRS and US GAAP
- Oversee ACS 740 analysis, assertions and calculations
- First-hand experience handling TCJA impacts including GILTI, FDII, BEAT, Subpart F, 163(j) and other significant changes impacting multinational corporations including OECD BEPS
- Lead tax decisions related to Ecommerce and DTC business as it relates to cross border, global issues such as Fulfill by Amazon, international shipping, multiple legal entities, brands and warehouses. Oversee tax aspects esting of cross border 3rd parties.
- Understanding of multi-state consideration including Wayfair its impacts for state indirect/direct tax purposes
- Oversee the preparation, review and timely and accurate submission of all indirect taxes such as sales/use tax, property tax, VAT and GST, including the compliance process, provision/accounting
- Ensure SOX documentation reflects best practices and procedures for tax processes
- Transfer Pricing:
- Lead the team with development and implementation of transfer pricing policies and practices
- BEPS/OECD regional compliance and reporting
- Defense of TP policies through audits by tax authorities
- Country by Country reporting
- Mid-year / Year-end transfer pricing review and true-up for all international entities
- Input for creation of and maintenance of inter-company agreements
- Lead tax department in responding to tax audit inquiries including audits at the federal, state, local and foreign levels
- Manage relationships with the PWC tax audit team for interim and year-end financial closes including ability to discuss issues with technical expertise
- Work closely with the Legal team for all pertinent matters
- High comfort level addressing the tax aspects of M&A and Joint Venture activity, including acquisition due diligence, integration/structuring, post-acquisition work, VDAs and deductibility of acquisition costs
Global VP of Tax Movado Group – Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred.
- Master of Taxation, JD, CPA or equivalent experience preferred
- Minimum of 15 years of corporate tax experience with at least 5 years of managing a global tax function. Preference for individual with Big 4 public accounting at director or partner level
- Be a strong leader with proven track record of building high-performance teams
- Lead by example, and willingness to roll-up sleeves to accomplish time-sensitive objectives
- Rebel with a cause – you are always looking beyond the obvious for continuous improvement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and with confidence for a wide variety of audiences
- Strong knowledge of GAAP/SOX and an understanding of internal accounting controls
- Experience with ERP systems
- Knowledge of SAP a plus
- Experience with other financial or tax preparation software and systems (such as OneSource Income Tax (OIT) and OneSource Tax Provision (OTP))
- Publicly traded company experience
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit careers.movadogroup.com.