Footwear Designer – Reebok – Barcelona
At Reebok, we have one goal. To enable people to Be More Human It’s that simple.
Reebok has always been a fitness brand and today we are leading a new fitness revolution. Through our groundbreaking partnership with CrossFit; our unmatched footwear, apparel and equipment; and employees who not only talk the talk, but walk the walk, Reebok is uniquely positioned to provide the tools people need to be fit for life. Reebok is THE fitness brand.
At Reebok, people embrace this mission and are encouraged to reach for their fitness goals – as well as their career and personal goals. It’s part of the fabric of who we are and what we stand for. So is Reebok a fit for you? Want to join us on our fitness mission?
In our Creation Center located in Barcelona we are currently looking for a Footwear Designer for researching trends, ideation of new concepts and creating compelling footwear product to meet the brand aesthetic..
- Sketch footwear designs and produce line art to communicate design concepts, including multiple views and details as necessary in both 2D and 3D
- Provide design / concept boards to communicate design and seasonal direction
- Create supporting artwork that illustrate design concepts and tell stories to the Marketing, Merchandising and Sales teams.
- Work with the category to understand market needs and design to product briefs for both brand driving and commercial product
- Keep abreast of market trends and consumer needs
- Create and maintain all art files and transfer correct information to cross functional teams
- Select color, materials, treatments and components used in product designs and understand the impact of choices on costing and overall design aesthetic
- Design function and technology into product while still designing to cost
- Design new components or innovate existing footwear parts and create technical drawings so they can be manufactured
- Create tech packs and other materials to hand-off to development for sample manufacturing
- Work with Product Engineering and Advanced Concepts to ensure that new ideas and designs are manufacturable
- Attend and contribute in construction and prototype review sessions
- Meet calendar deadlines and deliverables
- Identify new or innovative concepts, materials, manufacturing processes, etc. and suggest ways in which they could improve the overall process and positively impact the team Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong communication, organizational and presentation skills; ability to receive design critique and respond with multiple solutions
- Ability to illustrate designs & concepts in both hand sketch and rendering forms
- Visualization skills to express ideas in both 2D and 3D including styling the entire shoe
- Knowledge of technical processes and ability to address lasts, patters, blueprints and molds at a general level
- Strong team player as well as ability to work independently
- Ability to respond quickly to multiple projects with strong time management skills
- Ability to work within a cross functional team of Marketing, Engineering, Production and other Design teams for maximum productivity
- From 2 to 5 years of footwear design experience
- Advanced level Adobe Illustrator; Photoshop and 3D software a plus
- Understanding of materials and their application to footwear designs; understanding of material development processes and footwear construction
- Well established knowledge of the footwear manufacturing process
- Good negotiating and influencing skills
- Bachelors degree in product, Fashion or interior design.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit careers.adidas-group.com.