Buying Manager Women’s USOL – Gap – San Francisco
The Buying Manager develops and manages the execution of end to end sales, gross margin and inventory strategies to hit Department(s) and Division(s) sales plans. They create acomprehensive seasonal framework that aligns product strategies with financialgoals. They drive partnership andcollaboration with the Global Merchandising team to ensure the seasonal, globalassortment meets the Gap Online customer and business needs while partneringwith the site merchandising team to influence marketing needs and sitemerchandising decisions that drive customer engagement and deliver financialresults.
What you’ll do
- Manage the financial success of one or more Departments orDivisions by meeting sales, gross margin, and inventory productivity goals.
- Build pre-season Class, Department and Division financialtargets that align with the Division’s seasonal product strategy and includesales, gross margin and inventory.
- Measure and communicate financial results, forecasts, andaction plans to Sr Manager or Director and cross-functional team on a weeklybasis.
- Balance team workload across pre-season and in-season,product and financial milestones and deliverables.
- Deliver on online exclusive business strategies includingproduct recapping, needs analysis and presentation on site.
- Partner with Site Merchant team to ensure site experience isconnected to Marketing, Promo and Buying actions.
- Manage team of Buyers, Assistant Buyers, andInventory Specialists. Provide leadership by creating a collaborative,innovative, and results-oriented environment.
Buying Manager – Who you are
- Financial Acumen: The ability to use financial metrics to measure the performance of the business. Understand how financial levers impact results.
- Drive Business Results: The ability to read and react to business results, understanding how decisions impact those results.
- Systems & Tools Acumen: The ability to quickly develop tool and system proficiency.
- Customer and product centric. Ability to adapt work to meet the needs of the customer.
- Ability to skillfully analyze an ambiguous problem, use rigorous logic to formulate a rational for the decisions and take action leveraging cross-functional resources.
- Ability to formulate short term tactical plans that are effective, efficient and support business and product strategies.
- Demonstrate the organizational agility to facilitate multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit corporate.gapinc.com.