Brand Marketing Director – Vans – Stabio
Vans is the original action sports footwear company rooted in authenticity and creativity. Founded in 1966, Vans has thrived on a legacy of impacting our greater community through Vans’ four pillars: action sports, music, art and street culture. We are constantly inspired by the expressive creators within our company and community as they bring new and innovative perspectives to help shape and transform the future of our business.
At Vans our culture sets us apart and it influences everything we do. Everything we do supports creativity and we are driven by our five values. We are determined. We are connected to our consumers and to each other. We are inclusive. We are expressiveand Fun. And most of all, we are a family.
Vans is a subsidiary of VF, the world’s largest apparel and footwear company comprised of over 30 brands. We are the leading drivers of retail as our global footwear, apparel and accessory brand is available in 170 countries worldwide. As we continue to expand, we take great measures in developing and growing our people.
Vans is founded on a culture of learning. We take great pride in our ability to facilitate learning opportunities by providing the resources and tools necessary to support each individual’s pursuit of growth to achieve future goals. In order to prioritize career growth within our company, Vans offers courses on topics such as leadership, communication, collaboration and technical skills to ensure our employees are self-motivated and developing to the pace of our rapidly growing business.
By joining the Vans family, you will be immersed into an environment of incredibly supportive and collaborative people. We work very hard across a multitude of large initiatives to bring the Van Doren spirit to life. We live for what we do.
Director, Brand Marketing EMEA : Become the Newest Member of the Vans Family
As the Director of Brand Marketing you will develop and execute our imperative brand marketing strategy for the entire EMEA region. Your programs, and efforts will directly result in new opportunities to increase brand affinity and consideration through Vans’ pillars (music, art, action sports, street culture) and products in key EMEA cities.
You will collaborate and partner with various executives throughout the business, including Global and regional Brand Marketing, Product Marketing and Sports Marketing Leaders to activate the brand in EMEA by developing long-term and annual brand marketing plans/ strategies/ budgets for the region.
You will oversee all action sports and lifestyle platforms (The House of Vans, Vans Custom Culture,…) as well as the EMEA Action Sports team, creating an athlete programming and continuing support around action sports events in the region (Vans Park Series, etc). Your relationship skills will grow and maintain important collaborations within the art, music, street culture and action sports spaces, providing strategic direction that is driven by a sound knowledge of youth culture marketing and trends.
Additionally, you and your team will oversee all activation for all programming in EMEA, providing best practices and guidance to teams in EMEA local markets.
Brand Marketing Director – How You Will Make a Difference:
- You will optimize processes to ensure programs are executed on strategy, on time, on budget and against a well-defined seasonal Go-To-Market process and calendar.
- Track analyze and report on regional product launches, platforms, programs and partnerships to inform strategic and tactical shifts. Program specific KPIs and reporting structure for regional reporting within the GTM process.
- Monitor regional MROI, global post-program analysis and KPIs, remaining on the leading edge of what’s next through partnership with CI, regional insights, competitive monitoring.
- You will be the consumer expert on the expressive creator in EMEA. You will develop a superior understanding for consumer realities and leverage that information to generate enhanced programming and marketing plans. You will drive ongoing and active coordination with consumer insights to achieve these goals.
- You will be responsible for developing Marketing Plans that connect our products and pillars with our consumers via compelling activations and partnerships. These plans should bring cultures together through music, art, action sports and street culture and they should celebrate the creativity of our consumers.
- Leverage family of global influencers to amplify brand experiences, platforms and content. Maintain communications and track brand ambassadors across global and regional activations.
- Collaborate with global marketing and the EMEA creative team to develop best in class strong-tie experiences and broad reach content within the GTM process to drive seasonal integration and global consistency, partnering with PR to drive earned media for brand experiences, platforms, programs and content.
- Act as a thought partner and authority on brand experience for local markets on strategic and tactical implementation of platforms, maintaining global consistency.
- Adapt global brand experience strategy, inclusive of experiential marketing, brand platforms and partnerships to build consumer connectivity and drive brand awareness. Create engaging experiential programs across cultural pillars that reward loyalists and attract new consumers to the brand.
- You will create an athlete program in EMEA (specifically skate and surf), and drive effectiveness of all action sports programming in the Region.
- You will develop and maintain highly productive, close-coordination roles with EMEA retail, wholesale, merchandising, digital and events team, and cross functionally with Global teams.
Brand Marketing Director – Skills for Success:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 10+ years of client-side Brand Marketing experience is required.
- 10+ years of experience with marketing Footwear and/or Apparel highly preferred.
- Experience working in relationship-based positions London, Paris or Berlin are highly desirable.
- Deep passion for – and understanding of – youth culture; music, art, action sports.
- Knowledge and sensitivity to trends influencing marketing and communications in action sports and youth-marketing industry.
- A commitment to understanding consumer targets to ensure world class, relevant work that connects.
- A proven ability to build strategic partnerships, as well as the ability to create alternative approaches that increase the company’s ROI.
- Solid track record with developing annual marketing plans, and 3 year integrated business plans.
- Ability to lead and manage marketing budgets and spend.
- Proven track record to effectively manage multiple projects at a time, and prioritize workload.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including ability to make persuasive presentations to senior management.
- Ability to collaborate effectively across disciplines, teams, regions.
- Demonstrated management skills – both externally and internally.
- Passion for the Vans brand.
Seniority Level: Director
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit vfc.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.